The ELC has different committees to serve our mission. These include:
- Finance Committee
- Governance Committee
Please contact us if you are interested. Some of these committees require board membership.
For a current meeting calendar, click here.
The Committee is charged with the oversight of budget development, accurate tracking of expenditures, monitoring and accountability for funds, and to ensure adequate financial controls in coordination with appropriate staff and directors.
The Executive/Admin Committee is responsible for direction and oversight regarding the overall financial management. Functions of the Executive/Admin Committee include the following financial responsibilities:
a. Review and recommendation of the organization’s annual budget (prepared by the staff) for final approval by the full Board.
b. Financial planning.
c. Establishment of investment policy and monitoring investment performance
d. Evaluation and approval of facilities decisions (i.e. leasing property)
e. Monitoring actual vs. budgeted financial performance
f. Oversight of reserve funds
The review of the organization’s financial statements shall not be limited to the Executive/Admin Committee, but shall involve the entire Board of Directors.
This Committee will lead the board in regularly reviewing and updating the board committee structure, board committee statement of its roles and responsibilities, what is expected of individual board members as well as recruitment and retention of board members.
In conjunction with the Executive Director, the Governance Committee will:
- assess the current and anticipated needs related to board composition, determining the knowledge, attributes, skills, abilities, influence, and access to resources the board will need to consider in order to accomplish the future work of the Coalition board.
- Identify potential board member candidates and explore their interest and availability for board service
- Nominates individuals for consideration by the Coalition board
- In cooperation with the Board Chair, contacts each board member at the end of their term to assess his/her continuing interest in board membership (where appropriate) and term of service
- Designs and oversees a process of board orientation
- Designs and implements an ongoing program of board information and education
- Initiates the annual board assessment and proposes, as appropriate, changes in board structure and operations
- Provides ongoing counsel to the board chair and other board leaders on steps they might take to enhance board effectiveness
- Regularly reviews the board’s practices regarding member participation, conflict of interest, confidentiality, etc., and suggests improvements as needed
- Nominates board members for election as board officers