The Early Learning Coalition supports child care providers through:
• Numerous workshops are offered to child care providers on many topics such as brain research, CPR/First Aid Classes, Second Step Curriculum training, science and music projects, lesson planning, communicable disease, inclusion training, playground safety and make-it and
take-it workshops. Trainings and classes are coordinated by Episcopal Children’s Services Contact ECS at (904) 726-1500, Press 5 or visit: www.ecs4kids.org
• Accreditation program for private, faith-based and family child care providers.
• On-going assessments and visits to contracted child care centers and homes.
• Technical assistance is offered to providers on an on-going basis such as best practices, business practices, developmentally appropriate practices and learning environments, character development activities and healthful and safe school readiness environments to promote the enhancement of quality and promote effective teaching strategies.
• Assists centers with maintaining enrollment rosters and monthly claims.
• Annual Early Childhood Conference